Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year, Transfers, New Companion

It's been a great week. The holidays were a little crazy as usual, but the work is going well.

This week I'm focusing on my goals for the year also. As I think about 2016, it's been a really satisfying year for me. I have been able to accomplish a lot for my own personal progress, but also help others.

So Elder Maldonado had transfers last week...I was training him but after just one transfer he has been called to be President's personal secretary. That's my boy! My new companion is Elder Crosby, but he's not a gringo. He's from Arequipa, Perú.

In other news, our district was divided, and now I'm the district leader of the new, smaller Distrito Miramar! I was a little surprised. To top it off, my first day as district leader I had baptismal interviews. It was a nice experience. But we've been working hard all week long and we've found 3 new families.

One of the families we found is a widow and her 3 children. It's a little sad because her husband died less than 2 weeks ago of cancer. We taught about the plan of salvation, and I bore my testimony about this plan. It was special because I talked about Grandpa and Grandma Prestwich, that even though I never knew Grandpa here and Grandma passed away a few years ago, I will be able to see them again because families can be eternal. They were happy to hear about how they could be with their loved one again.

I testify that Jesus Christ lives and that He has restored His gospel and authority today. I know that Pres. Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet that leads and guides us and has the authority to direct the entire church.

Feliz año nuevo!

Elder Evan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment