Monday, March 7, 2016

Working Hard with Member Power

Elder Chavez and I with our pensionista's family 
the day before transfers

It's been another great week in Mi Perú. My companion and I have been working hard with our investigators that were going to get baptized this last Saturday, but there's a point when we as missionaries have done all we can to help them and they need to make decisions and set goals, so they will have their interviews this week and we're praying for their baptism this Saturday!

Something I've been learning as a missionary is the power of lessons with members. Even better is when we can leave with a member for a couple hours and meet some of the old investigators, less actives, and friends that they know that we would have likely never found. The simple and powerful testimonies that they have too are always perfect for the investigators.

This week I've also been focusing on writing in my journal each night. It's a little hard, but it really helps me reflect on my day and recognize the blessings and influence of the Spirit that I had.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity each Sunday to partake of the Sacrament. It's such a powerful moment for me to reflect on the loving sacrifice Jesus Christ made specifically for me, and it's also really hard to describe these feelings in words.

Love you all! Have a great week

Elder Evan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment