Monday, March 28, 2016

Really Cool Spiritual Experiences

This week I had some really cool spiritual experiences.

On Friday we were walking in a part of our area called Confraternidad (yep that's ''With Brotherhood'' and we found a little development I'd never seen called Los Piños de Mi Perú (not a single pine tree in sight though haha). Anyways, we had a reference for that area so we knocked on this one door to ask for directions, and to ask if we could teach them too. They said no, another day please.

So we were on our way to find this reference, but they didn't answer the door. Neither did their neighbors. I had this feeling that we should go back to the first house in Los Piños to ask one more time if we could talk more with them. I wasn't sure how they would react, but we went back. The same woman came to the door and said, let me check with my husband. A few minutes later they let us in. Turns out, they're a menos activo family! The husband used to be the bishop of a ward in Southern Perú, but when they moved they decided to inactivar.

After we taught a little about the Book of Mormon, they felt the Spirit so strong. The wife said that she'd been thinking about how to help her family, and we just happened to come to the door. And when they were a little stubborn to let us in, we came back, and she knew what her family was missing. That really strengthened  my testimony of listening to the Holy Ghost.

Also this week we found a young couple who are convivientes, but the woman is a member! She hadn't been to church in a while, but her pareja was interested in listening to us. They live in very humble circumstances, but we taught them about the Restoration in their little apartment, and the man just told us directly at the end, ''I feel like I've received the answer to my questions about religion I've had for so many years. Thank You.'' So we got to the part to set a goal for them to get married, and normally convivientes I've met don't feel like marriage is important, so I was preparing for the worst. I asked them what's keeping them from starting papers, and they said, you know what, this week we're going to go to the offices and start our papers.

I know that the Lord Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. His Atonement is real. The love He has for us is so great that words cannot describe it, only the power of the Holy Ghost can testify it.

Thanks for all your love and support.

Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment