Monday, March 21, 2016

21 marzo - Hermano Jose!

Bautizamos Hno. Jose el sabado pasado.
Alli está mi nuevo compañero Elder Cadima también,
y mi líder de distrito, Elder Johnson con varios miembros de la rama.

It's been another great week in Mi Perú! It's not quite as hot anymore, but we're still in the summertime.

This last Saturday we baptized Hno. Jose! He's really excited to have finally made this covenant with Heavenly Father. It was a really nice baptismal service. I got to baptize him too! I think I need to work on my form so the person I'm baptizing doesn't feel like I'm trying to drown them.

This last Thursday we had a multi-zone training meeting with our mission president, and I learned a lot of things, one of them being how we can recognize if our lessons are being adjusted to each person we teach. I'm hoping to teach the Vilca family again this week and focus more with this principle of teaching according to their needs.

At church on Sunday the husband of our pensionista, who is a converso reciente from the elders here about 8 months ago, gave his first talk in sacrament meeting. It was super good! I felt the Spirit really strongly seeing him bear his testimony about how the gospel has just made him so much happier in his life.

In Ether 12 it talks a lot about faith, which is really important, and is the first principle taught in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that with faith in Jesus Christ, we can gain a greater testimony of Him and His Gospel. Estoy tan agradecido por estar aquí en la misión. Estoy aprendiendo como trabajar con el Espíritu Santo mejor cada semana. Y mas de todo, estoy sumamente agradecido por la Expiación de Jesucristo. A través de ella, podemos estar completamente perdonado, y este tiempo del año con Pascua es un momento perfecto para pensar mas en la influencia de Él en nuestras vidas.

Have a great week! Love you all.

Elder Evan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment