Monday, February 22, 2016

New Companion in Mi Perú

Well this week is cambios [transfers], and my companion is going up North. In our mission, there are 7 zones that are smaller that are just north of Lima, and 3 big zones that are North. I'm not sure who my new companion is, but we exchange tomorrow morning.

A couple of weeks ago a man started attending church and said he wanted to be baptized, but he left before we could figure out where he lived. So this last week we saw him again and found out he was meeting with the missionaries before but he moved to our area recently. He's basically ready for baptism, but he doesn't really understand why he should read the Book of Mormon, so that's our focus with him.

I'm getting way more used to the food here. At first it was hard to eat so much rice but now it's more normal. I actually like a lot of the different foods here. One of my favorites is called papa rellena, which is like a potato stuffed with vegetables and eggs, fried, and served with mayo on top and rice on the side.

This last week was one of the hottest weeks I've ever experienced. I heard it's like 32-34 degrees Celsius, but the thermic temperature is more like 37-38. It's also really humid. But I hear that it starts to go down in March.

I've been pondering a lot this week about the Holy Ghost. Sometimes I feel frustrated when I'm trying to do my part and the results aren't as good as they could be. At first I've been thinking, what am I doing wrong, but I think at the same time I need to be more patient.

Everything's going great down in Perú! It's great to read about what's going on with you guys. Love you all! Take care.

Elder Evan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment