Monday, March 27, 2017

Baptism! New Companion


So this week Elder Romero had transfers and went to Puente Piedra. Now I'm training Elder Vidal!! He's from Viña del Mar, Chile. He's awesome. He is really excited to get out and contact and teach and baptize. We had a great week of hard work and baptisms in the district and training meetings.

I just want to share a small message with you guys from 2 Nephi 4.
27 And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Why am I angry because of mine enemy?
28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.
30 Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
I love this part. I've learned that even Nephi had moments when he felt like he was in the dark, but he had a personal relationship with his Savior, and he was liberated. Even though I have a ways to go to be like Nephi, I know that if I have a personal relationship with my Savior, He can and will lift me up when I ask for His divine help. I know He can do it for you too. I invite you to seek a more personal relationship with our Savior Jesus Christ because it has literally changed my life forever.
35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.
I hope you guys have an awesome week. Enjoy general conference!




No comments:

Post a Comment