Monday, March 13, 2017

Multi-zone conference, finding investigators


This week we had multi-zone conference. A big takeaway was that I need to more frequently incorporate my favorite feelings, blessings, scriptures, and experiences about the Restoration and the Atonement in our lessons and tie it into the invitations we extend. I think just over a long time, I have become accustomed to use the same methods and I think that's why I have felt I need to improve something in my teaching skills. We put it in practice in these last few days and have had success.

a street view of the area

In one case, we had a day where everything fell through, until 9:30 at night when a prior street contact let us in. It was a brief lesson, of course, but so effective. We taught the Restoration by focused on testifying of the doctrine of Christ and he accepted a baptismal date! My companion said it almost felt like it was a little too easy. I know it won't always turn out like that, but I know that the Lord is always preparing people, and if we testify and teach with the Spirit, His children will hear His voice and respond.

In another case, we found a part member family in which only the young adult children are members. The mother and 9 year old daughter are not, even though they have been going to church frequently with the member-children. We read together in Alma 42 about the Atonement and, after explaining it, she began to explain the simple testimony she has about the Book of Mormon and what she has learned about repentance. She said she honestly feels very sad for her past sins and wants to repent and get baptized along with her daughter.

The man we found last week, David, who was taught by the missionaries 2 years ago, has been progressing well this week. He came to church this week with his family and we're going to have family home evening with them and another family tomorrow night. He's excited for his baptism because he's literally been waiting for so long.

We've had a lot of miracles this week. I testify that our Heavenly Father really does know us individually, and He will bless us with the opportunity to be instruments in His hands to bring more of His children to salvation. I am so happy to be a missionary and I love every minute of it!

Have a great week!

Elder Evan Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment