Monday, October 24, 2016

One Year Mark


Well it's been a year. It went by too fast but I am pumped for this year to come!

So my first week in the area, a new family just moved into the area that are already members. It has been great to get to know them because one of the sons was less active and with the move began going to church with his family! This week, we went to visit them and they introduced us to a relative that also recently moved to Villas and is building their house. When we asked to share a message, the mother-in-law invited a neighbor to come listen too. It was such a great experience. It was funny that we didn't even have to ask them for these references, it all just happened!

A spiritual thought for the week in Alma 7:23
And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
Sometimes I think that my will is or should be God's will. But I know that God knows everything and the best way to do everything, and I don't always see how it will work out right away, and sometimes I won't see the end result. What really matters is that I submit myself to Him and His will.

I testify that He lives and He knows us.

Have a great week!!

Elder Evan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment