Monday, October 31, 2016

A blessing because of a bad situation

A view of half my area in Las Villas de Ancón

Happy Halloween! The truth is that I forgot about the holiday until a certain church was marching in protest against Halloween. It's not that celebrated here but people know what it is.

So I normally am super good at keeping track of things, but this last week we were coming back from a baptism in our ward and in the bumpy taxi ride I lost the cell phone. After backtracking, we asked around to try to get to know where the taxi driver lives (that's the interesting thing here is everyone somehow knows everyone, but not necessarily by name). It turned out that we didn't find the exact same guy, but we found another family that are super friendly that we wouldn't have found otherwise! The Lord certainly works in mysterious ways.

I was reading a talk by Elder Bednar last night from general conference a couple years ago about the blessings we receive from paying our tithing, whether they be subtle or noticable. I was thinking about how the blessings I pray for may be conceded to me. For example sometimes when I ask for help, I may wish my duties or responsabilities to be made easier or taken away, but in reality I may be blessed with the ability to press forward and keep going a little longer.

I testify of the blessings and tender mercies of the Lord. Many times if we are not quick to observe them they may go unnoticed but I also testify of the peace it brings to learn to be humble enough to count my blessings and be grateful for what the Lord has given me.

When the going gets rough, count your blessings!

Que tengan una buena semana!!

Elder Evan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment