Monday, June 27, 2016

Learning, following the Spirit

Toshi was baptized on June 18

This week has been full of great learning opportunities. We had our last multi-zone meeting with our president and he talked to us about applying the principles of our mission in our life. It brought to my attention the importance of eternal families, but more than anything the importance of following the counsel we receive from the Prophet and Apostles.

We have been teaching an investigator that is hard of hearing, and it's helped me to really narrow down all the things I could say to the simple truths of the gospel. He doesn't hear very much, and it's even harder because I'm a gringo, so I've found the trick is to have something to write on and have him read important principles. It's amazing to see the influence the Spirit has on people even if they may not understand every word I say.

We've also been able to learn how to break out of old habits. Sometimes we just get into a routine of doing things, going places, even teaching, but the Lord's work has to be done in His way, by His Spirit. I have found good counsel in Preach my Gospel and the Scriptures.

I'm sad to hear about Brother Fifita. I remember when he was my Sunday School teacher when I was 12 years old. This week I have been studying faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and the talk from this past general conference just came to my mind from the Sunday session about when it comes down to the moments of trial, do we really believe in the principles of the gospel?

I testify that the Savior lives and He loves us. I am honored to be His representative. I strive to be more like Him every day.

I love you all very much. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment