Monday, May 29, 2017

Listening to a prompting

Pork. chicken, and guinea pig ready for the cooking barrel!

Last week we made "chancho al cilindro". It's like a homemade oven out of a metal barrel with coals at the bottom. We cooked pork, guinea pig and chicken inside and had a super good lunch afterwards ðŸ˜‹.

Today we ate lunch together as a district
and made brownie banana splits

Back to last Monday, we were visiting our recent convert and her family, and as we were walking out of their house, my companion and I felt we needed to contact everyone we could. It was interesting because there wasn't anyone in the streets. We were on our way to a member's house that we'd had an appointment for.

A man and a woman walking together were approaching us and we contacted them. It turned out that they were on their way home from the pharmacy picking up some medication because his wife had been going through a difficult illness. He said he was a little surprised that we'd stopped him because he was very preoccupied but he felt like what we had to share with him would really help him. They let us into their house that very moment!

It was a really spiritual lesson. My companion and I were able to teach so fluidly and the Spirit was so strong in their home. This was a testimony builder for me that we really do need to follow the spiritual promptings we receive. I honestly felt so happy having been the instrument to let the Lord help these people in a moment of need.

A spiritual thought from what I was studying this week from general conference:
"We live in a time of great trouble and wickedness. What will protect us from the sin and evil so prevalent in the world today? I maintain that a strong testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and of His gospel will help see us through to safety...
"I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives."
-Pres. Thomas S. Monson
I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that it is the word of God. I have learned that as we study and ponder its teachings on a daily basis, We can really be provided with divine help to overcome temptation and doubt. I know that prophets are called of God and we will always be blessed by following their counsel.

I love you all so much!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment