Monday, December 5, 2016

The Power of Prayer

It has been an awesome week. We are working hard and seeing results, but I know we can still keep doing better. We had a lot of miracles this week. The Vasquez family (the MA parents and PF children) all week long have been excited and committed to come to church. Saturday night we stopped by and called in the evening to triple check. Until we showed up at the door Sunday morning with a member and their car to bring the whole family. They told us they had to take care of legal things that came up with their daughter late Saturday night and had to leave right away and wouldn't be home until the evening. We could all feel the sorrow, but we kept with our other plans.

It wasn't until after lunch that we received a text from the zone leaders that we could bring investigators to the devotional. We were so excited! The Vasquez's hadn't gotten home yet, so we went to every investigator's house that couldn't make it in the morning. The last stop was the Vasquez house. We got there right in time and with persuasion they got all the kids ready, and an empty taxi willing to take us directly to the stake center just happened to pass by their house (never happens) and we were still 20 minutes early to have a good seat and listen to the prelude music. The greatest spiritual experience ever!

I testify of the power of prayer. It is so important to have a personal relationship with our Savior, Jesus Christ. Without a personal relationship with Him we cannot rejoice in His Atonement. I know I still have a ways to go, but I know that my Redeemer lives. He knows us and what we need, and how to give it to us better than we know how. I am receiving my testimony little by little, but I am grateful for the blessings I have received and what I have learned.

I love you all! Hope you have an awesome week of service!
Vamos a iluminar el mundo!!

Elder Evan Smith
 PERÚ 

No comments:

Post a Comment